Monday, January 4, 2010

I used to hate the very idea of blogs.

To a certain extent, I still hate blogs. But they're not going away anytime soon as a form of communication, and I figure I need a creative outlet for my free time. (Non-creative outlets include running a Titans franchise on Madden '09, replaying Baldur's Gate II only to discover that I really don't like the degree to which I remember the plot from the last time I played, and selling horse tranquilizers to twelve-year-old wannabe ravers.)
Lots of things interest me, which presents a problem for blogging because generally people read blogs that suit their interests. That's how this works, right? People don't spend time doing things that displease them? Right. So, like, this blog will bring to you several great things:
  1. Poetry and fine arts that I come across in my spare time;
  2. My own creative writing, what little of it I find okay;
  3. Talk about chemistry, which is my major and one of my chief interests;
  4. Musings on other academic or semiacademic topics, including (but not limited to) stuff like sabermetrics;
  5. Miscellany (that might actually be of public interest) going on in my life. As I said, great things.
That's it for now.

2 comments:

  1. Andy, want to add me to your blogroll? blog.grapesmoker.com. I'll add you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this thing. I remember reading your blog; now I won't forget to do so. Good deal.

    ReplyDelete